Saturday, December 11, 2010

Things to know about me #1

Lately I've been thinking a bit about what it's like when you get to know people for the first time. There's that high of a whole new person to be friends with, and then you start learning about them. This isn't a bad thing, it just happens. Nor is the stuff you learn necessarily bad. It's just more information. A lot of the time we learn things about people and it shocks or sort of kicks us in the face. You're happily talking about something and BAM. Turns out the person you were talking to really likes or hates that, or has a twisted view, or doesn't care at all. This is just an ongoing compilation about random facts about me that I think you should know. You probably shouldn't, but I think you should. So there.

- I follow Jesus. I'm not going to punch you in the face with a Bible. I swear on unique and rare occasions. I am embarrassed by the stereotypes associated with 'Christians' or 'Chuch-goers'. Yes, I am a Christian. Yes, I go to church. But the stereotypes you should know better than to assume onto me.
- I have low self-esteem. It's probably a bit confusing to hear me say that, cause to say that is sort of like saying "Yes, I have this problem, and I couldn't be bothered to fix it!" which would suggest it's really not that much of a problem at all. But this is kind of actually NOT like that. I DO have low self-esteem and I go through occasional phases of having just enough self-esteem. This being said, please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please PLEASE don't point out my flaws to me. It really does get to me and doesn't help. I think my friends are probably sick of my self-loathing and making me feel worse about myself (even as a joke) does a lot of damage even if you don't notice it.
- I love Japan. Never been there, but I really really want to. I'm pretty much in love with it. It's like online dating a country. I love manga, anime, lolita in its various forms, Japanese music, Japanese as a language, Japanese PEOPLE (GAWSH are they wonderful), and have a vested interest in stuff like Shintoism and Japanese art/theatre etc etc etc. This in mind, I will be REALLY not pleased with people mocking any of this. That includes accents and fashion (lolita and cosplay rip).
- I can hold a grudge. For a looooong time.
- Dead baby jokes are not funny to me.
- I watch Dr.Who
- British comedy is my favourite. So yes, if it were a choice between Monty Python and Superbad, Monty Python would win. Every time.
- I do not speak chatspeak, and hate it when other people do. Yes, I spell out 'you' and 'to' and 'for' and 'you're' when I text people. I'm that obsessive over it.
- Racism sucks.
- I hate Stephenie Meyer because now I can't name my baby Edward without people thinking I like her novels.
- I also hate Stephenie Meyer because now I can't say I like twilight (in reference to the time of day) without people thinking I like her novels.
- I'm really not good at exercise.
- When I was three (MAXIMUM four) years old, I got a sultana stuck up my nose. I was sniffing it, and it got stuck, then I had to go to hospital to get it taken out. Now you know my most embarrassing childhood story, you can stop laughing and Emma doesn't have to tell you.
- I LOVE Disney 2D animation films. If you hate them, I hate you.
- You don't like my music. Well, I don't actually KNOW if you don't like my music, but if you don't then good for you. Don't tell me my music sucks just because you don't like it. That's just stupid.

I guess that'll do for now. Most people know this stuff already, but you may not. So there you go.
Clare
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment