Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Knee wounding

I was such a good kid when I was little(r). No kidding, I was like a small angel. I'm still one of those people that doesn't really break the rules. I don't really want to do anything that means breaking the rules, so rules don't bother me so much anyway.
However, there was this one time when I was in year 1, so I would have been around 6 years old. I remember that through some traumatic accident, I slipped while playing hopscotch. My knee got cut and I started crying.
My dear darling Emma was wonderful enough to help me up and console me. The bell had just resounded, signifying the time when we were all to return to class time. Problem now was that my knee was bleeding. I couldn't go to class with a bleeding knee and no bandaid!!!
So we wandered around the school, and ended up in the Church sanctuary. Emma was VERY good. Telling me words of comfort such as "I think there's a sick bay around here somewhere." and the like.
Still, it was Emma leading me, and we were quite lost. It wasn't REAL lost, because we knew where we were, we just had no idea where we were supposed to be going.
Fortunately our loving teacher, Miss Morgan, came to our rescue. She walked in and sort of saw me limping and said, "There you are! I've been looking for you two. What are you doing?" and we explained the situation. I was quite embarrassed that I didn't go ask her for a bandaid after the wounding of my knee, but she as very understanding and directed us the right way to the school office. From there I was taken to the sick bay and was not only given a bandaid, but was given a spray of some sort of anaesthetic. I felt quite well cared for.

I think after that I decided to trust my own judgement on where stuff was in the school. As well as avoided hopscotch quite enthusiastically. It's a dangerous sport.

Clare
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment